1. The SBA represents the interests of the SMEs within the biotechnology sector at political levels
2. The SBA raises the awareness and visibility of the whole biotechnology sector in politics and the media.
3. The SBA is dedicated towards providing continuous and calculable access to research funding programmes.
4. The SBA prmotes awareness of the funding and support options of the CTI (KTI) and helps its members get better use out of the programmes.
5. The SBA campaigns for the targeted promotion of young talents in order to obtain new talents for the biotechnology sector.
6. The SBA supports the existing platforms and launches new platforms in order to organise the forward-looking interplay of IT, Biotechnology and Medicine. Switzerland should remain a trendsetter in innovation.
7. The SBA promotes the global usage of Swiss Biotechnology.