Location: Zurich Schlieren
Start date: as soon as possible
Company Description: The Swiss biotech startup EraCal Therapeutics Ltd. develops a novel anti-obesity drug with superior efficacy and safety in zebrafish, mice, and rats, targeting the first-in-human study in 2023. EraCal is growing to become a fully integrated drug discovery and development organization. The company is located in Zurich Schlieren, in the center of one of the best European biotechnology research hubs. We are seeking a passionate, creative, and dedicated individual to join our team and contribute to our mission.
Description: We are looking for a talented and highly motivated scientist with a strong background in biochemistry, and an interest in in vivo biology to join our dynamic and highly collaborative research team. The successful candidate will evaluate new chemical entities to treat obesity and its comorbidities and will be given the responsibility to:
• Conceptualize, develop and implement robust in vitro binding assays and cellular functional readouts in alignment with the medicinal chemistry effort
• Contribute to the planning, execution, and interpretation of in vivo efficacy, MOA, and biodistribution studies
• Participate in cross-functional teams and interact with chemists, biologists, and external collaborators to advance all drug discovery programs
• Contribute effectively to patent, report, and scientific publication writing
• Successfully build, grow and manage an in vivo research team within the company
• Vigorous “can do” mentality and motivation to succeed in a dynamic and highly collaborative startup environment.
• Ph.D. in biochemistry or a related field with >2 years Postdoc/Industry experience
• Hands-on experience in molecular biology e.g. flow cytometry, SPR, protein and RNA methods, etc. is necessary
• Experience with murine models (preferably FELASA accredited) and/or cellular biology (cell culture, IHC, etc.) is a must
• Programming experience in Phyton and quantitative data analytics is advantageous
• A strong record of achievements in research and scientific creativity as evidenced by core contributions to publications and/or product development
• Strong background in metabolic biology combined with a good command of the current literature is considered a plus
• Experience in medicinal chemistry is an advantage
• Project, CRO management, or industry experience are considered a plus
As a small and growing start-up, we provide a motivating and inspiring working environment. The highly creative and flexible spirit allows for quick decision-making and the potential to assume responsibilities beyond a simple job title with excellent opportunities for personal and professional development as our company grows. If you feel ready for the challenge and are excited about the prospect of shaping the future at EraCal Therapeutics, please send a single PDF of your resume, a motivation letter, a reference letter, and contact details to S. Breitler at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Wagistrasse, Schlieren, Switzerland