Location: Zurich Schlieren
Start date: as soon as possible
Company Description: The Swiss biotech startup EraCal Therapeutics Ltd. develops a novel anti-obesity drug with superior efficacy and safety in zebrafish, mice, and rats, targeting the first-in-human study in 2023. EraCal is growing to become a fully integrated drug discovery and development organization. The company is located in Zurich Schlieren, in the center of one of the best European biotechnology research hubs. We are seeking a passionate, creative, and dedicated individual to join our team and contribute to our mission.
Description: We are looking for a talented and highly motivated technician with experience in in vivo biology, and an interest in cell/molecular biology to join our dynamic and highly collaborative research team. The successful candidate will support our ongoing work towards a new treatment for obesity and its comorbidities and will be responsible for:
• Execute diverse in vivo experiments (rodents and zebrafish)
• Characterize novel chemical compounds using molecular and cellular biology techniques
• Collaborate on a broad variety of experimental strategies with our research scientists
• General lab management and organization, incl. maintenance, safety, inventory, etc.
• Contribute to data analysis and communicates results to the team
• Takes and maintains detailed documentation of data
• Apprenticeship as a laboratory technician (EFZ-Biologie/Chemie), Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Life Sciences or related fields
• Allowance to conduct animal experimentation (active LTK1/FELASA B) and experience with rodents is necessary, zebrafish experience a plus
• Relevant industrial work experience is strongly preferred
• Hands-on experience in molecular (protein and RNA methods) and cellular (cell culture, IHC, etc) biology methods is desired
• Vigorous “can do” mentality to succeed in a dynamic and highly collaborative startup environment
• High motivation, flexibility, and excellent organizational skills to support our team
• Open and collaborative spirit
As a small and growing start-up, we provide a motivating and inspiring working environment. The highly creative and flexible spirit allows for quick decision-making and the potential to assume responsibilities beyond a simple job title with excellent opportunities for personal and professional development as our company grows. If you feel ready for the challenge and are excited about the prospect of shaping the future at EraCal Therapeutics, please send a single PDF of your resume, a motivation letter, a reference letter, LTK1 accreditation, and contact details to S. Breitler at email@example.com .
Wagistrasse, Schlieren, Switzerland