We are looking for a transactional attorney based at Humabs, who will be part of the VIR Legal team and will support our affiliate European and Swiss operations. You will be working with the Humabs management and scientists, as well as Vir’s legal team and colleagues in business development, alliance management, and other functional areas across a dynamic and diverse global organization, as well as external law firms and collaborators.
As a Vir Legal team member, you are versatile and passionate in handling new ways to craft legal and IP positions and protections for groundbreaking innovation supporting Vir’s multiple platforms and products.
You will be asked to review and draft agreements with partners and collaborators, to provide business-minded advice regarding company legal matters and counsel for senior business leadership on complex legal issues related to transactional and IP matters, to provide subject matter expertise on issues related to research, to coordinate responses to disputes and to coordinate legal support across all internal functional areas.
- Develop an understanding of the science, technology, and business strategy to inform business decision-making processes.
- Review, draft and advise on a variety of contracts and transactions across the business and ranging from facility service agreements to complex research collaboration agreements.
- Apply legally sound and commercially realistic legal advice to balance legal risk, compliance, business and operational objectives and resources to company transactions.
- Provide high quality, timely and practical legal advice and guidance, and identify/resolve critical legal and business issues arising from all areas of the organization.
- Foster strong, collaborative relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders across global sites and at all levels of the organization, and create efficient and effective processes for communicating, advising, and working with those stakeholders.
- Cultivate a culture that reflects a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and community as part of an organization focused on bringing new insights and novel therapeutic options to patients worldwide.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in IP and in life sciences, including therapeutic molecules, antibodies and related technologies
- Ability to work independently, with a strong commitment to the role and availability after hours and/or on weekends, if needed.
- Utmost competency in English, German and Italian must be a given. Competency in French desired.
- 5+ years of experience in drafting, negotiating, and advising on contracts including general/facilities related contracts (e.g., service agreements) and contracts with a focus on intellectual property (e.g., research agreements, material transfer agreements, and license agreements).
- Outstanding working knowledge of transactional rules and regulations. Global transactional experience is a plus.
- Collaborative and a team player.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Previous pharma/biotech industry experience is an advantage.
- Candidate must have a university degree in law ideally from a Swiss University.
- Degree or advanced degree in relevant scientific or technical field and a strong technological aptitude for learning and working with a range of technologies is a plus.
If your profile corresponds to this position, please send your CV with a cover letter in English to ResumesBZ@vir.bio. All CVs will be directed to HR colleagues based in Bellinzona, Switzerland for review, although, by sending your CV to Humabs you acknowledge that it may be shared with colleagues based in the USA.