Anaveon is a clinical stage biotech company with an expanding immune-cytokine pipeline. In our steadily expanding and dynamic organization, we are looking for an Associate Scientist/Scientist immunopharmacology who will help deliver new therapeutic breakthroughs for patients.
You will be part of an interactive and high-paced start-up team of scientists to discover and develop new cytokine-based therapeutics in the immuno-oncology and/or immunology disease areas. The team supports research efforts from new target exploration and proof of concept studies to first in human enabling development activities. In this role you will directly contribute to the evaluation of next-generation immunomodulation approaches.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design and execute animal studies to assess drug candidates, including writing of protocols and reports.
- Establish and conduct cutting edge cell-based assays and analytical methods using cell lines or primary immune cells with the aim to characterize and develop candidate therapeutics.
- Analyze, interpret, and summarize own experimental results in a clear manner and present the data for discussion in internal team meetings for decision making.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in life-sciences/immunology with experience in an industry setting.
- Strong ability to plan, perform, analyze high quality in vivo and in vitro studies as well as translational experiments in the context of human disease.
- Hands-on experience with animal handling and experimental interventions in the context of cancer immunotherapy or immunology research, be recognized by the BVET as an animal experimenter (LTK1, FELASA B or equivalent).
- Practical and theoretical experience with methods to investigate function of immune system, including purification of PBMCs, functional cellular assays, flow cytometry, ELISA.
- Skills to accurately document laboratory experiments independently with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent knowledge of software tools used in laboratory environments and good knowledge of general office computer software.
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated and devoted to project goal.
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills in English
Anaveon embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation packages and an inclusive workplace that cultivates innovation through collaboration and empowerment.