CDR-Life's Drug Substance team is responsible for the development of robust and fully scalable drug substance manufacturing processes to enable clinical manufacturing of our new drugs. To support this team, we are looking for an experienced:
Technical Scientist with a background in Downstream Processing
In this role, you will play an important part in the development of downstream processes ready for transfer to a manufacturing site. Moreover, you will help drive the establishment of a data-driven process development approach. We are looking for a highly motivated and collaborative individual with a passion for data-driven lab work, who enjoys working in a fast-paced and highly dynamic working environment.
- Independent planning, conduct, evaluation and documentation of experiments for the development of scalable and robust downstream processes of our antibody formats.
- Production of smaller amounts of drug candidates for the developability programs as well as for in vivo studies.
- Analysis of in-process samples to gather information on process development (mostly HPLC – applying methods established by the Analytics team).
- Support the team in establishing high-throughput development systems and building up a fully data-driven process development platform.
- Support of technology transfers to the clinical manufacturing site.
- Responsible system owner for assigned equipment.
- Apprenticeship with min. 5 years of working experience or BS, MSc. preferably in biochemistry, biotechnology or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of downstream processes for drug substance manufacturing in the pharmaceutical / biotech industry.
- Experience with non-standard antibody formats, as well as microbial and mammalian manufacturing processes would be considered a plus.
- English (written and spoken) skills suitable for day-to-day interaction, documentation and presentation of lab work.
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as across teams’ boundaries.
Positive and proactive attitude.