HR Senior Specialist
If you are looking to work for a fun, fast paced biotech company where the people are the priority, team members are invested in cultivating a positive work environment, and everyone is passionate about the potential that molecular glues can have on fighting diseases…then you need to meet our team!
Monte Rosa Therapeutics is seeking a motivated and collaborative HR specialist who is interested in expanding their knowledge base in all aspects of employee lifecycle management (recruiting, hiring, integration, engagement, departure) within a fast-growing, multinational, young biotech. As a driven HR professional, you will support our Basel team with a broad range of HR operations and collaborate with Boston-based team members on global HR efforts, employee engagement, and inclusion. This individual will play an integral and visible role in this fast-paced environment, working to shape and ensure consistency on company policies, processes, and culture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage Swiss based HR operational tasks across full employee lifecycle, including data management, registration/deregistration for insurances, applications for residence permits, withholding tax registrations, maintenance of absence tracking, accident & illness reports, drafting interim and final reference letters, issuing general confirmations, etc.
- Support head of recruitment with timely applicant and candidate communication as they transition through the recruiting lifecycle into onboarding. Work closely with the Talent Acquisition and global People Experience Operations team in preparation of job descriptions, advertisements, interviews of candidates, interview debriefs, job offers, employment agreements, facilitating work permits, relocation services, and rationalized hiring recommendations.
- Oversite of all implemented statutory and supplementary benefits and leave of absences for Basel employees, including social insurance (AHV/ALV/IV, accident and sick day allowance, pension fund, child allowance, transportation, EAP program, training, recognition program, etc.) Liaise with Monte Rosa’s benefit broker and benefit providers concerning employee enrollment, updates, and changes.
- Work closely with global HR team and external vendors to support and lead a variety of global HR projects and initiatives
- Building a close and trusted relationship with Basel employees and management, acting as first point of contact to insure timely, first-class support in accordance with company values, policies, and procedures
- Support Basel managers to effectively lead their teams with providing feedback and supporting their development.
- Promptly respond to inquiries and questions from employees in accordance with company HR policies. This includes triaging the request, researching options, providing compliant and consistent answers, and engaging appropriate subject matter experts as needed.
- Contribute to the improvement of internal procedures by looking into more efficient and effective ways of performing tasks and monitoring best practices in the market
- Work with our Operations team on planning social events, team building, and volunteer efforts.
- Strong knowledge of local HR regulations, requirements, and best practices
- Experience and strong knowledge of Swiss labour law and payroll practices
- Established background in HR with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a comparable role. Swiss HR administration certification, Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or federal qualification in Human Resources (HR) is highly desirable.
- Fluent English and German language skills, fluency in French is a plus
- Ensure the confidentiality and discretion of all employee information, including discipline, investigations, other sensitive or private information, etc.
- High degree of proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook; knowledgeable about HR systems and comfortable with a wide range of tools and applications
- Familiar with GDPR requirements
- Great social, communication, and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work with all levels in a multicultural environment
- Precise working-style, high attention to detail and demand for accuracy
- Previous experience with payroll is desirable
We are looking forward to receiving your application at Careers-Basel@monterosatx.com or submit your credentials online