Bright Peak Therapeutics is a preclinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, developing next-generation cytokine-based therapeutics. As part of our accelerated growth phase, we are seeking highly motivated peptide chemists. This is state of the art peptide synthesis role to help produce our next generation therapies. It is a hands-on position with responsibility for the design, synthesis and analysis of peptides using solid phase synthesis; KAHA-ligation of peptides; and folding/conjugation results. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years biotech/pharma experience, with a strong peptide synthesis background and ideally some experience with protein chemistry and/or conjugation methods. We offer the chance to work in an exciting team at the forefront of synthetic protein R&D, with the opportunity to be involved in the next generation of immuno-oncology and autoimmune disease therapies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Synthesis of peptides by automated and manual solid phase peptide synthesis techniques to access mg to gram amount of peptides
• Purification of peptides by analytical & preparative HPLC and related techniques
• Characterization of peptides by mass spectrometry (ESI-MS, MALDI-TOF) and other related techniques
• Careful and diligent documentation of research results to ensure reproducibility and compliance
• The candidate will coordinate within the team and with CROs to execute synthesis requests in a timely and reliable manner
• Will help in maintaining stocks of special building blocks and peptide supplies
• Perform regular maintenance of peptide synthesizers
• Experience in solid phase and solution phase peptide synthesis
• Experience in preparing peptides of various lengths in batch and parallel processes
• Experience in peptide scale-up and preparations under cGMP is an advantage
• Proven ability to solve peptide synthesis problems
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• Demonstrates a willingness to learn new laboratory techniques and protocols
Education and Experience:
• Apprenticeship/BSc/MSc in organic chemistry or biochemistry
• 2 – 4 years of hands on peptide synthesis experience
• 3+ years of biotech/pharma experience
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively without supervision
About Bright Peak Therapeutics
Bright Peak is a well-funded, privately held biotechnology company based in Basel and San Diego developing innovative cytokine therapeutics that are engineered to precisely control and improve desired biological properties. Using our unique Enhanced Design and Combine (EDC) technology platform, we are developing a portfolio of designer immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer and autoimmune diseases. We are also pioneering a new category of “Bright Peak Immunocytokines” that simultaneously leverage our technology platform and the precision of antibody targeting resulting in cytokine-mediated selective immune modulation.
At Bright Peak, we have a passion for science and believe in our ability to discover and develop innovative therapies to improve the life of patients with limited treatment options. Bright Peak provides an inclusive workplace, and our employees are collaborative and comfortable working in flexible and fast-paced environments. We thrive in our fun, dynamic culture and are looking to add to our team in our spacious labs and offices located in Basel-Klybeck.
Have we piqued your interest ? Then hit the apply button. We look forward to hearing from you.