Anjarium is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company focused on creating a new class of non-viral gene therapies to deliver more predictable, enduring, and inclusionary ways to tackle genetic disease throughout a patient’s lifetime. The Company’s versatile platform aims to leverage breakthrough science and expertise at the interface of genetic medicine, synthetic biology and nanoparticle engineering to generate a pipeline of advanced gene therapies with unique competitive advantages over current viral-vector based gene therapies. We are backed by leading international and strategic investors Abingworth, Gimv, Omega Funds, Pfizer Ventures and Surveyor Capital (a Citadel company).
Currently headquartered at Biotechnopark in Zurich, Switzerland, we are rapidly expanding our team and are looking for talented and creative individuals, driven by patient outcomes, to join us. Our team is passionate about building a new generation of durable genetic medicines for life-threatening diseases while pushing forward the frontiers of gene therapy.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Program Director to play an important role in managing and driving Anjarium’s, early research and development programs and establishment of Anjarium’s program management office, including tools, process and influencing cross-functional team behaviors within Anjarium. The role will report to the COO and will significantly contribute to management and execution of Anjarium’s portfolio and governance in line with the company’s strategy. The candidate will be responsible for providing leadership and expertise to drive R&D teams (internal and external) to execute on program deliverables and initiatives required to meet the goals of the organization.
- Lead day to day planning and oversight of the successful delivery of long and short-term platform and portfolio objectives
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the drug development process to lead cross-functional program teams in developing program strategy and objectives, translating these into optimal deliverables, cross-functional plans, timelines and budgets.
- Work with team to identify risks and manage these with understanding of impact Anjarium platform and programs
- Leading cross-functional programs striving to progress early pre-clinical phase projects into Phase 1, Phase 2 and beyond (on time and on budget)
- Development and implementation of Anjarium PMO office (tools, policies, best practices across all programmes, including alignment with governance, reporting, budget and resource allocation) that’s ensures accurate tracking across the portfolio and a collaborative project team environment
- Maintain and execute communication plan for efficient and effective communications within the project team, as well as between the Functional Heads and external providers/consultants.
- Prepare periodic management reports (e.g. monthly reports, program milestones, dashboards)
- Demonstrate the ability to work positively with a wide range of individuals involved in the programs and across the organisation
- Minimum MSc or PhD in Science or Biology or equivalent, MBA highly desirable
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in pharma or biotech drug development in all phase of development from pre-clinical to clinical.
- 5+ years within Programme Leadership and Management
- Proven leadership skills in managing teams in project matrix organization (indirect resources) with collaborative attitude
- Proven record of leading successful projects from preclinical through clinical development
- Excellent IT skills: MS-Project, MS-Office suite
- Experience managing cross-functional project teams for development projects with demonstrated success in advancing projects from preclinical to clinical
- Familiar with managing budgets and timelines as well in developing project plans as presenting status updates to internal audiences
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously with proactive, critical analysis of problems, taking appropriate actions for resolution
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills, ability to interface and communicate effectively with executive management and other functions within the organization
- Fluent in spoken and written English and German, additional languages are an asset
- Pro-active and problem-solving attitude
- Willing to work hands-on in a very small team with limited internal resources
- Personal resilience, perseverance, energy and drive
Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between Anjarium and any external staffing agency or recruiter does not create any implied obligation on the part of Anjarium Biosciences AG.
External staffing agencies or recruiters are requested to not contact Anjarium employees or members of the Board of Directors directly in any attempt to present candidates.
Anjarium Biosciences AG will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates themselves for either current or future positions.