Acthera is a Swiss biotech start-up that develops an entirely novel targeted therapy technology based on Hard-Shelled Liposomes (HSLs). The proprietary technology has the potential to address the most critical challenge in drug development – creating more efficacious, safer drugs. Acthera is growing to become a fully integrated drug discovery and development biotechnology company. It is located in Basel, one of the best European research & development hubs.
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled scientist to join our growing team. This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral part of an innovative and dynamic start-up company.
- You will be involved in 2 collaborative projects on the physical properties of HSLs at the interface between physics and biology, and interact with chemists, biologists, physicists, and engineers.
- You will propose and implement biophysical assays for the expansion of Acthera’s growing fundamental knowledge on HSLs.
- You will develop and carry out in-vitro biophysical assays in the lab.
- You will prepare reports and presentations for in depth discussions with a multidisciplinary team and Acthera’s management.
- You will organize experimental results to be shared with project teams and ensure the information flow in a multidisciplinary environment.
- You will maintain clear experimental records using ELN (electronic lab notebook).
- You have been trained to work in a laboratory environment and with (bio) chemicals.
- You have a completed degree in physics or biology and hold (or are close to graduate in) a Ph.D. degree (university or university of applied science) in biophysics or related fields. Experience of physical simulation of biological questions is a plus.
- You have worked at least three (3) years as physicist in biology/biophysics or as biologist in physical/biophysical field. A keen understanding or a direct experience in the physics/biology of the blood circulation or/and in ultrasound use in vitro/in vivo are a plus.
- An experience of work in an industry environment is welcome.
- You enjoy working in a dynamic and flexible team environment and are showing initiative and the ability to produce accurate and timely work.
- You are excited to work hands-on and are a positive and motivated person.
- You are able to develop and work on projects with minimal supervision and have experience in the safe handling of (bio-)chemicals, solvents, and equipment.
- You hold a work permit for Switzerland.
- You are fluent in English and German. A good knowledge of French is a plus.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, self-driven individual who is flexible and responsive to the changing needs of a dynamic entrepreneurial organization, can communicate effectively, is an excellent fit to an agile and growing biotech team, and has the ambition to perform outstandingly.
Acthera Therapeutics encourages and supports a diverse work environment as an Equal Opportunity Employer, offering a stimulating work environment and a competitive compensation package.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter describing their research interests and career goals, along with a Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com.