Senior Director Safety Pharmacology and Toxicology
Pharvaris, a clinical stage company developing bradykinin B2 receptor antagonists for bradykinin-mediated diseases, is seeking a highly motivated Senior Director Safety Pharmacology and Toxicology to join and help drive nonclinical discovery and development efforts.
This role is based in Europe, preferably Switzerland (Zug). Pharvaris supports its staff to be home based and work virtually.
Pharvaris is seeking a motivated and energetic individual with a scientific background to be part of the nonclinical team. The ideal candidate will lead the safety pharmacology and toxicology programs from the preclinical development stage through IND filing and clinical development to final submission.
Key requirements and qualifications
• PhD degree and postdoctoral training in life sciences (toxicology, biochemistry, pharmacology, molecular biology or equivalent).
• 6+ years of industry experience in non-clinical safety and toxicology studies.
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements, GLP regulations and ICH guidance.
• Experience in establishing, and managing effective relationships with CRO and other external partners.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills (English).
• Experienced and inspirational leader of highly dedicated and independently working scientists.
• Demonstrated record of team skills: comfortable in an interdisciplinary and international environment and able to communicate effectively and to collaborate in a team.
• Comfortable in a small company environment that is fast paced, challenging and where all leaders take on a hands-on approach to get results.
• Rigorous, quantitative and outstanding attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and manage workload independently. Excited and driven by science and the vision to improve disease management and patient care.
• Responsible for the design, implementation, oversight, and analysis of nonclinical safety programs to support discovery and development of drug candidates.
• With the support of a small team, manage the outsourcing, execution, and final reporting of designated nonclinical safety programs necessary to support the selection and timely development of potential drug candidates.
• Coordinate the study plans, amendments, study follow up, analysis, and timely derive the interpretation of the results and final reports.
• Responsible for budget planning of the safety programme.
• Communicate and present nonclinical safety updates to senior management.
• Manage development challenges through close interaction with medicinal chemistry, regulatory affairs, clinical pharmacology, and clinical team.
• Ensure quality standards are set and maintained over all areas of responsibility.
• For safety pharmacology and nonclinical safety, provide authorship and review of regulatory documents and provide leadership on verbal and written responses with health authorities.
How to apply
This leadership research position is within a highly collaborative and dynamic department that strives to achieve high quality and in-depth research. This role is based in Europe, preferably Switzerland (Zug), and reports to the Chief Early Development Officer. We offer talented scientists a great working environment, dedicated and driven co-workers, short lines of communications and an attractive compensation package.
If you are interested to be part of a great and dedicated team at Pharvaris, please send your full resume (including scientific publications) and application letter to our HR department, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grafenaustrasse, Zug, Switzerland