The technical lead / senior technical lead, business development will be responsible for writing detailed technical proposals and project plans for providing KBI services to clients requesting process development and GMP manufacturing of biotherapeutics.
The technical lead / senior technical lead, business development will work with business development, process development, analytical development, manufacturing, and program management teams across KBI sites to establish proposal concept and define project scope, schedule, and costs.
The technical lead / senior technical lead, business development will translate client needs into clear deliverables and technically detailed proposals, which highlight KBI’s value and vision to accelerate products to patients worldwide.
The physical work site is located in Geneva, Switzerland. However, KBI supports the option for working remotely with occasional travel.
- Review client Request for Proposals (RFPs) and discuss with supervisor and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to identify and clarify scope of work and deliverables for the preparation of clear and technically detailed proposals.
- Develop proposals by assembling information, including project background/history, product design and specific technical information, tasks, objectives, outcomes, deliverables, methods, and budget. Write, revise, and edit proposal drafts, including executive summaries, key assumptions, scopes of work, pricing, and timelines (Gantt charts).
- Review proposal drafts with appropriate Subject Matter Experts, Business Development Management and Senior Operations Management.
- Emphasize highly technical and accurate proposal approaches to demonstrate value of KBI services to client needs and as supporting rationale for related costs, assumptions, and timelines, in accordance with KBI’s values.
- Ensure accuracy in proposal content, pricing calculations, timelines, and ensure alignment to current internal best practices and proposal templates, as needed.
- Maintain quality results with the use of templates and follow proposal writing standards, including readability, consistency, and tone.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering writing, review, and approval.
- Participate in client meeting (teleconferences and in-person meetings).
- Represent KBI technical capabilities and project plans/proposals as designed and tailored for specific client needs per RFP, and work with clients to address corrections, revisions and comparisons of alternative project plans, as needed.
- Review client Requests for Information (RFIs), collate RFI responses based on RFI database and appropriate coordination with cross functional Subject Matter Experts.
Job Minimum Requirements
- Degree within Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biology or related area: Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years’ experience or Master’s degree with 3+ years’ experience or Ph.D. with 0-2 years’ experience
- Proven scientific writing skills with the ability to develop, review, and evaluate the content of scientific documentation and collaborate with technical staff to meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Previous experience with proposal or RFP writing a plus.
- Working knowledge of bioprocessing and biotechnology (e.g., development experience in upstream/downstream process, manufacturing, quality, analytical, and/or formulation etc.)
- Cross-functional experience in any of the fields listed above is highly valued
- Ability to work within cross-functional teams to fulfill client needs and expectations.
- Ability to multi-task and apply time management processes effectively.
- Capable of handling and prioritizing multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Strong orientation for quality and customer service along with a high level of integrity and personal responsibility.
- Analytical strengths with attention to detail and solution-oriented approaches.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication skills to monitor, report, and relate to all levels of the organization
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Fluent in French is a plus
Please note that due to the position's location, we can only consider candidates with European passports or Swiss working permits/citizenship.