CDR-Life is a young and innovative biotech company based in Schlieren, Zurich where we develop novel immunotherapies against cancer. It is a dynamic mission-driven company with a highly collaborative approach. A key part of our approach is driven by the Drug Substance team responsible for the development of robust and fully scalable drug substance manufacturing processes to enable clinical manufacturing of those novel drugs. To support this team, we are looking for an experienced:
Technical Scientist Upstream Processing
Supporting the development of cell culture processes ready for transfer to clinical manufacturing
In this role, you will play an important part in the development of mammalian upstream processes ready for transfer to a manufacturing site. Moreover, you will help drive the establishment of a data-driven process development approach. We are looking for a highly motivated and collaborative individual with a passion for data-driven lab work, who enjoys working in a fast-paced and highly dynamic working environment.
- Planning, conducting, evaluating, and documenting experiments for the development of scalable and robust upstream processes for our antibody formats.
- Production of drug candidates for internal developability programs as well as for in vivo studies.
- Analysis of in-process cell culture samples to guide process development, e.g., Cedex Bio Analyzer, HPLC (application of established methods by the Analytics team).
- Support the team in increasing cell cultivation capacities for efficient, fast-paced, and fully data-driven upstream development.
- Responsible system owner for assigned equipment.
- Apprenticeship with min. 3 years of working experience or BSc preferably in biochemistry, biotechnology or a related discipline.
- Experience in mammalian cell cultivation and upstream process development for drug substance manufacturing in the pharmaceutical / biotech industry is essential.
- Experience in key analytical methods for upstream process development, e.g., HPLC based titer methods and metabolite analytics etc.
- Experience with non-standard antibody formats, as well as in mammalian cell line development is considered as a plus.
- English (written and spoken) skills suitable for day-to-day interaction, documentation, and presentation of lab work.
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as across teams’ boundaries.
Are you interested? For any further questions or your application please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to hearing from you.