Monte Rosa Therapeutics is seeking a Vice President of Discovery and Platform Biology. This person will be responsible for implementing the company’s efforts to identify molecular glue degraders to high value targets and expanding the toolbox of enabling platform technologies. The ideal candiate has a high level of experience directing innovative approaches in the area of targeted protein degradation. A proven track record of leading large multi-disciplinary teams and extensive experience in early drug discovery, including lead discovery, biochemistry, structural biology, and ligase biology.
The ideal candidate must be exceedingly well organized, highly motivated, with proven track record of motivating others to innovate outside the norm and execute on that vision. The candidate should be recognized in the community for a high degree of innovation and quality of science. The candidate must also bring a high level of enthusiasm for working in a fast paced environment.
Technical and strategic responsibilities :
- Sets scientific direction for the the Discovery and Platform Technologies team to achieve department goals and contributes to managing priorities of the company’s portfolio.
- Designs and executes early discovery and platform development strategies to identify leads to targets in oncology, immunology and other therapeutic areas, coordinates these efforts with other functional areas, project managers, and external collaborators
- Drives the discovery, development, and implementation of new technological approaches and capabilities to enable discovery of molecular glue degraders to novel neosubstrates.
- Sets the vision & establishes and manages workflows that enable productivity, creativity, and integrates new technologies to ensure that Monte Rosa operates at the leading edge of drug discovery.
- Creates and implement project plans, and coordinate workflow and logistics to meet corporate goals and milestones.
- Oversees selection and strategy of CRO’s while leading build out of internal capabilities
- Provides coaching, leadership, and management to facilitate effective solutions for projects and the functional areas of lead discovery, biochemistry, structural biology, and ligase biology.
- Maintains high external visibility. Actively participates in professional conferences. Publishes scientific findings in peer-reviewed journals and other forums to promote Monte Rosa and its science.
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, biology or structural biology with an emphasis on lead discovery and early drug discovery
- 15+ year experience in drug discovery/pharmaceutical research.
- Proven track record in the field of targeted protein degradation and the discovery of small molecule degraders.
- Effective communication skills and ability with leadership skills with experience in effectively guide and manage discovery teams to achieve department goals with internal colleagues and external collaborators.
- Proven track record of scientific achievement (publications, patents, presentations).
- to efficiently interact with. Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Embodies MRTxvalues; exhibits high degree of integrity and professionalism when interacting with consultants, external vendors and contract research organizations.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize and multitask in order to deliver high quality work product on agreed-upon timelines and budget.
- Experience managing external contracts and tracking budgets.
Interested candidate may forward coverletter and CV to careers-US@monterosatx.com or directly on our webpage www.monterosatx.com.
About Monte Rosa Therapeutics:
Monte Rosa Therapeutics rational approach in targeting disease-causing proteins for degradation will deliver pioneering therapies for cancer and other diseases. Delivering this new generation of treatments to the patients requires a conceptual change. Monte Rosa recognizes this urgent need and is missioned to develop innovative protein degraders as a solution. Combining deep knowledge, insight and leading-edge science, our integrated engine is built for that purpose.