We have a short term mandate (6-10 months at 50-100%) for one of our clients, Philip Morris Life Sciences. The Department is performing biological research in the area of plant and animal biology in various infrastructures from greenhouse to BSL 2 laboratories.
The existing biosafety management concept needs to be adapted to the latest Swiss regulation revision (2019). Benefiting from the new Quality and EHS document management system, the full set of biosafety related document will be integrated with EHS documentation to provide a complete paperless set of coordinated standard operating procedures (SOPs) and working instructions (WKIs).
This temporary position will be carried out partly on site and partly remotely and is expected to deliver a reviewed coordinated document framework and the updated documentation. The task is performed under the supervision of our site Biosafety coordinator and in coordination with our EHS engineer.
- Collect the procedures and measures of specific relevance
- Write the updated plant safety concept according to latest regulation requirement
- Coordinate/ Simplify the document structure with lab WKIs and EHS SOPs
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- A degree from a university or specialized college of higher education or several years of experience in a biology laboratory
- Certified BSO Swiss Biosafety Curriculum BLS 1 & 2
- Practical experience in biology, preferably in microbiology or molecular biology
- Ideally 2 years’ practical experience as a Swiss Biosafety Officer
- Computer literate with office software suite
- Fluent English written and spoken
- Fluent French written and spoken a plus