Founded in 2015, leadXpro AG is an emerging biotech company focusing on structure research of membrane protein drug targets (e.g. GPCRs, ion-channels and transporters) for the discovery and optimization of next-generation medicines. Based on a unique platform for membrane protein expression, purification and engineering, and proprietary access to synchrotron and free electron laser (SLS/SwissFEL) beamlines for X-ray analysis and cryo-EM facilities, leadXpro characterizes the interaction of small molecules and biotherapeutics with drug targets, enables structure based drug discovery of novel therapeutics. This position at leadXpro AG is an excellent opportunity to join a young and exciting company engaged in cutting-edge applied research. leadXpro AG is located at PARK INNOVAARE, 5234 Villigen, Switzerland. For more information, please visit: http://leadxpro.com
leadXpro is seeking a highly engaged and dynamic colleague who will be working on the further business growth of leadXpro. The successful candidate will use their established industry experience and network in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries to shape leadXpro’s business strategy and its implementation.
Key tasks and responsibilities
The successful candidate will report to the CEO and be part of a dynamic team that values transparency, integrity, reliability and passion for science to create benefits for patients with novel medicines.
Key duties include:
· Redefine, optimize and implement the business strategy of leadXpro based on excellence in membrane protein science and drug discovery
· Representation of leadXpro in public, traveling to clients and attending conferences
· Compilation of quotations and membrane protein science work proposals in close alignment with leadXpro scientists and management
· Analysis and optimization of the company marketing, including digital presence
· Overview on the portfolio of collaborations, timelines and key deliverables
· Presentation of scientific and business data and strategies to clients
· Work independently, but as part of a multi-disciplinary team of scientists.
Key qualifications and requirements
· Applicants have a PhD or equivalent in biophysics, biochemistry, biostructure or biotechnology and 5+ years post PhD experience membrane protein science
· A proven track record in X-ray and cryo-EM structure research is essential
· Excellent communication and presentation skills as well as fluency in English are essential.
· Previous experience with business development, pharma partnering, business administration (MBA) and marketing is essential.
· Previous working experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry is an advantage.
· Hands-on experience in biophysical/biochemical/structural work of membrane proteins is an advantage.
· Experience in legal, finance and contracting is an advantage
· Proven ability to work in a collaborative, international environment requiring working time flexibility and traveling effort.
How to apply
If you are interested to join the team, please send your complete application until May 15th 2022 in English with the keyword “Business Development Officer (70-100%)” in the subject line to: info@leadXpro.com
Applications will be evaluated continuously with a final deadline of May 15th, 2022.