Our business in Switzerland continues to grow!
We, IPS Integrated Project Services, are a US-headquartered global leader in the leadership and execution of advanced facilities engineering and design. Globally represented in 17 countries, with 45 offices and 3000+ professionals worldwide, IPS provides technical consulting, architecture, engineering, project controls, construction management, and cGMP compliance services for technically complex development and manufacturing facilities globally.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Commissioning Engineer to join our Swiss team headquartered in Basel, with remote working flexibility. At IPS, you’ll apply your knowledge, skills and passion to make a difference in the lives of people, solving complex challenges related to pharmaceutical, biotech, and animal health research and manufacturing facilities.
The Commissioning Engineer performs cGMP compliance-based services (commissioning, qualification, validation, consulting, etc.) as developed and defined in project agreements with IPS’ clients.
- Technical leadership in execution of cGMP Facility and Process Systems Commissioning and Qualification works
- Responsible for Qualification plans, protocols, procedures and reporting, from documentation through field execution
- C/Q/V of equipment and systems, including CSV and automation
- Follows IPS and client standards and requirements, overall good industry practices for C/Q/V services and regulatory requirements.
- Performs standalone commissioning services for non-FDA regulated clients (occasionally)
- Read, understand and utilize the IPS Best Practices and SOPs for delivery of compliance services
- Perform work to meet IPS budget requirements and quality standards.
- Provide consistent, complete, and timely feedback and reports to IPS project leaders, project managers, or management, of project status and issues, as requested.
- Collaboration with IPS’s local and EMEA Compliance leadership
- Concurrently developing self and IPS through technical trainings
- Degree educated in Engineering or Natural Sciences discipline, preferably in Biology, Microbiology or Biotechnology or related technical apprenticeship.
- 3+ years (7+ Senior) of industry experience in Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Medical Device Design, Build, Commissioning and/or GMP/Validation discipline and understanding of processes and how they and how they relate to regulatory requirements and cGMP regulations
- Experience in writing and execution of FAT/SAT/Commissioning/IQ/OQ related forms and protocols for Utilities, Equipment, Systems, and Software a plus.
- Experience with Cleaning, Process, Computer System, Methods and other validation activities and processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Project, Powerpoint, etc).
- Goal-oriented, with good communication and problem-solving skills
- Fluent in English and German and/or French
- We foster a company culture characterized by team spirit, appreciation and respect.
- We champion professional and personal development, growth and diversity.
- We adhere to transparency, honesty and integrity.
- We are global leaders in innovation and technologies and “Best in Class” Experts.
- We encourage and support internal and external learning and development.
- "We promise only what we can deliver" - not more and not less!
- We offer a competitive package including a corporate pension scheme, flexitime and all essential devices to enable flexible/remote working.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at IPS without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. IPS is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.