In this role, the successful candidate will partner, lead and run the Engineering organization on Lengnau Biologics having a significant impact on the Lengnau strategic growth. This position will take part in the site leadership team and will have a meaningful role in customer relationships and building trust with our partners.
- Coordinates and prioritizes the design, construction and qualification of new biologics production assets in the Lengnau facility.
- Builds, structures and advises an organization to assist in the construction and qualification of the GMP site.
- Generates, plans and drives multi-project facility master plan which meets financial and manufacturing targets.
- Leads and provides direction on equipment design, procurement, installation, commissioning and validation, and final leads the operation of the utilities as well as the maintenance of the production assets
- Leads the Automation strategy together with the Sr Manager Automation and leads a team of project engineers
- Partners closely with Quality, Manufacturing, Validation, Facilities and general site leadership to complete projects without impeding production.
- Understands client relationships and assists site leadership team in securing new business at the site.
- Define and implement an asset management strategy to optimize reliability and efficiency
- Brings to the organization important Lean Sig Sixma capabilities and strives the Thermo Fisher culture to find a better way every day
Skills and competencies:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in a scientific or engineering subject area with confirmed experience (10-15 years)
- PMP preferred as well as Lean SixSigma certification (Green Belt or Black Belt)
- Previous experience in leading large Engineering organizations in a global matrix organization with a consistent record in Project Management, Maintenance & Facilities as well as Automation areas in a Pharma-Biologics environment
- Responsibilities include leading site maintenance, utilities and facility operations, automation project and operations as well as capital investment management (scheduling projects, reporting project status and costs, and collaborating with contractors and vendors)
- Experience in handling external consultants, contractors, vendors and multiple partners.
- Experience with pharmaceutical production and GMP environments.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills both in German and English, including ability to synthesize and deliver a clear overview of the strategy, opportunity and risks for Corporate executives.
- Experienced leader and Team player who can influence and drive alignment with other senior multi-functional leaders on key strategic, operational and financial decisions.
- Proven ability to lead people, work effectively with multi-functional teams and to facilitate collaboration across functional boundaries.