Our business in Switzerland continues to grow!
We, IPS Integrated Project Services, are a US-headquartered global leader in the leadership and execution of advanced facilities engineering and design. Globally represented in 17 countries, with 45 offices and 3000+ professionals worldwide, IPS provides technical consulting, architecture, engineering, project controls, construction management, and cGMP compliance services for technically complex development and manufacturing facilities globally.
At IPS, you’ll apply your knowledge, skills and passion to make a difference in the lives of people, solving complex challenges related to pharmaceutical, biotech, and animal health research and manufacturing facilities.
We are looking for a talented Electrical Engineer to join our continuously growing Swiss operations headquartered in Basel with remote working flexibility.
The Electrical Engineer will work independently and as part of project teams, on various projects as assigned by the Lead Engineer, Project Management or Group Leader. The Senior Electrical Engineer may oversee the entire design process or assist as a technical expert on a specialised design; may work on several concurrent projects; is a recognized electrical expert.
- Assesses the requirements of a project, break a project into tasks, and work with the Lead and/or Project Manager to determine scope of work, budget and staffing.
- Coordinates with project manager and discipline leads to determine scope, cost, complexity and planning and scheduling requirements of projects.
- Assigns appropriate personnel to provide cost-effective engineering and technical support.
- Writes scope of work for electrical design based on preliminary review and meetings with the client.
- Prepares engineering studies and schematic design for new systems and analyze operation of existing systems.
- Works with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required.
- Assigns and review work of project design team. Check progress of work and alert Project Manager to change of scope or additional services.
- Reviews contractor application for payments. Has a thorough understanding of the construction process.
- Coordinates all aspects of project document completion within company and externally with clients and other design professionals.
- Prepares or reviews construction budgets based on experience and scope of project.
- Promotes use of and participates in development of company design and production standards.
- Assists in the education and development of design staff and act as resource for design questions.
- Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Creates specialized drawings such as electrical riser diagrams.
- Provides drawing for own designs and produces sketches to incorporate in drawings by drafters.
- Researches design options and document findings for Project Designer/Engineer.
- Assures that drawings and designs are in accordance with company production and design standards.
- Assumes Special projects as assigned.
- We foster a company culture characterized by team spirit, appreciation and respect.
- We champion professional and personal development, growth and diversity.
- We adhere to transparency, honesty and integrity.
- We are global leaders in innovation and technologies and “Best in Class” Experts.
- We encourage and support internal and external learning and development.
- "We promise only what we can deliver" - not more and not less!
- We offer a competitive package including a corporate pension scheme, flexitime and all essential devices to enable flexible/remote working.
- Electrical engineering design experience; Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Nutraceutical or Life Science industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Knowledge of Swiss electrical code and safety standards.
- Expertise in computer operation for engineering design programs and computer aided drafting (AutoCAD, Revit, etc.)
- Experience with design of building electrical systems, such as: building service, power distribution, generators, lighting, fire alarm, security and other low voltage systems is a must.
- Experience with medium voltage systems, electrical hazardous classified areas, and telecommunications systems is a plus.
- Fluent in English, French and/or German
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at IPS without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. IPS is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.