ARTIDIS is seeking to hire an international sales manager who will be responsible for developing a sales strategy and setting-up a sales team within our company. This position is dedicated to selling our novel ARTIDIS devices to the research and industry market.
We are looking for a versatile person that can successfully drive sales leads and at the same time grow and manage a team. The right candidate for this position develops and maintains strong long lasting customer relationships by providing support, identifying ongoing needs to develop new opportunities and ensuring excellent customer service. A proven track record of successful sales in the high-tech, microscopy or even atomic force microscopy field is required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Builds up the ARTIDIS international sales team and contributes to the development of the sales strategy
- Develops and executes sales leads in the research and industry field
- Determines annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; and analyzing trends and results
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; and projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Implements international sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors
- Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand
- Completes international sales operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; and following up on work results
- Maintains international sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Maintains international sales staff work results by counseling and disciplining employees; and planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Writing grant applications for research projects and customers
- Represents ARTIDIS and ARTIDIS products at scientific or industry conferences
- Strong communication skills
- Creating and implementing a sales planMeeting sales goals by monitoring progress
- Analyzing sales data
- Presentation skills
- Management and leadership skills
- Developing budgets
- Mentoring and coaching sales reps
- Education and Experience RequirementsPrevious experience as sales manager
- Proven track record of building and running a sales team
- Previous experience in the high-tech sector, selling devices to research and industry customer
The environment is a typical start-up with an intrinsically motivated international team. Our office is a great place for rapid advancement and offers a promising opportunity to learn and share know-how in a very agile environment. The position requires the employee to go the extra mile when needed. We are looking for a team player who appreciates direct communication. The effort is rewarded with challenging tasks, the possibility to take responsibility, a highly driven team and a work serving a highly meaningful purpose. This position also comes with potential frequent traveling for the execution of experiments, on-site customer support or trouble shooting. The job position comes with a competitive salary, a bonus, and an ESOP plan for outstanding performance.