Our business in Switzerland continues to grow!
We, IPS Integrated Project Services, are a US-headquartered global leader in the leadership and execution of advanced facilities engineering and design. Globally represented in 17 countries, with 45 offices and 3000+ professionals worldwide, IPS provides technical consulting, architecture, engineering, project controls, construction management, and cGMP compliance services for technically complex development and manufacturing facilities globally.
At IPS, you’ll apply your knowledge, skills and passion to make a difference in the lives of people, solving complex challenges related to pharmaceutical, biotech, and animal health research and manufacturing facilities.
We are looking for an experienced and talented (Senior) Bioprocess Engineer to join our continuously growing Swiss operations headquartered in Basel with remote working flexibility. The Senior Bioprocess Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing manufacturing processes and supporting utilities on a scale that can range from developmental pilot plant to full commercial production.
- Coordinate with project managers to determine project scope, complexity and schedule for project
- Develop project execution plans (budget, milestones, deliverables and staffing plans) to deliver project on time, on budget and of the highest quality.
- Assist client in strategic evaluations to develop concepts supported by engineering studies for expanding, improving or automating existing facilities.
- Write scope of work for process, utilities and manufacturing controls based on preliminary reviews with the client.
- Complete design deliverables for single unit operations through entire facility flow including, Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), Material and Energy Balances, utility requirements and Process P&IDs that include controls strategy and CIP/SIP functions, if appropriate.
- Ensure completion of quality specifications and performance data sheets for process equipment and instrumentation.
- Make use of and participate in development of company design tools including process simulation and smart P&IDs (AutoCAD, Plant 3D, SuperPro, etc.).
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with clients and members of the IPS design
- Special projects as assigned.
- Substantial process design and operations experience in pharmaceutical facilities, which should include Biologic, Vaccine and/or ATMP products.
- Degree educated in natural sciences and/or engineering discipline (Biotechnology, Biology, Biochemistry, Process, Mechanical Engineering or related field).
- Knowledge of system design, applicable codes and cGMP’s as they affect process design and equipment specification.
- Knowledgeable in process simulation and creating P&IDs (AutoCAD, Plant 3D, SuperPro, etc.).
- Possesses a demonstrated ability for analytical thinking, an aptitude for structured problem solving
- Superior verbal and written communication skills as well as a strong work ethic.
- Flexibility for 10-20% business related travel to clients and sites.
- Fluency in English and French and/or German
- We foster a company culture characterized by team spirit, appreciation and respect.
- We champion professional and personal development, growth and diversity.
- We adhere to transparency, honesty and integrity.
- We are global leaders in innovation and technologies and “Best in Class” Experts.
- We encourage and support internal and external learning and development.
- We promise only what we can deliver" - not more and not less!
- We offer a competitive package including a corporate pension scheme, flexitime and all essential devices to enable flexible/remote working.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at IPS without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. IPS is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.