Our business in Switzerland continues to grow!
We, IPS Integrated Project Services, are a US-headquartered global leader in the leadership and execution of advanced facilities engineering and design. Globally represented in 17 countries, with 45 offices and 3000+ professionals worldwide, IPS provides technical consulting, architecture, engineering, project controls, construction management, and cGMP compliance services for technically complex development and manufacturing facilities globally.
At IPS, you’ll apply your knowledge, skills and passion to make a difference in the lives of people, solving complex challenges related to pharmaceutical, biotech, and animal health research and manufacturing facilities.
We are looking for an experienced and talented (Senior) Process Architect to join our continuously growing Swiss operations headquartered in Basel with remote working flexibility. The (Senior) Process Architect will conceptualize and lead the facility design services that support manufacturing and operational processes for numerous cutting-edge pharmaceutical facilities.
- Assess the requirements of a project, breaks projects into tasks and works with Project Managers to determine scope of work, budget and staffing.
- Writes scope of work for architectural design based on preliminary review and meetings with the client.
- Participates in proposal presentations.
- Interacts and communicates with clients and participates actively in industry organizations and related initiatives
- Works with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required.
- Assigns and reviews work of project design team. Checks progress of work and alerts Project Manager about scope changes or requests for additional services.
- Reviews contractor application for payments and has a thorough understanding of construction process.
- Coordinates all aspects of project document completion within company and externally with clients and other design professionals. Proficient written and oral communications skills.
- Prepares or reviews construction budgets based on experience and scope of project.
- Promotes use of and participates in development of IPS design and production standards.
- Assists in the education and development of design staff and act as resource for design questions.
- Assumes Special projects as assigned.
- Substantial architectural design experience in the Life Sciences (Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Cell & Gene Therapy, Laboratories, Plasma Processing) industries
- Experience with project scope development, programming, conceptual design, pharmaceutical regulatory compliance, material and personnel flow development, material and system evaluation, detail design and construction administration.
- Degree educated in Civil, Structural or Architectural Engineering from an accredited University.
- Experience in facility Master Planning.
- The ability to interpret a building program and generate varied design concepts.
- Knowledge of applicable building codes.
- Autodesk Revit drawing experience is of advantage
- Fluent in English and French and/or German (B2 minimum)
- We foster a company culture characterized by team spirit, appreciation and respect.
- We champion professional and personal development, growth and diversity.
- We adhere to transparency, honesty and integrity.
- We are global leaders in innovation and technologies and “Best in Class” Experts.
- We encourage and support internal and external learning and development.
- "We promise only what we can deliver" - not more and not less!
- We offer a competitive package including a corporate pension scheme, flexitime and all essential devices to enable flexible/remote working.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at IPS without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. IPS is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.