Our business in Switzerland continues to grow!
We, IPS Integrated Project Services, are a US-headquartered global leader in the leadership and execution of advanced facilities engineering and design. Globally represented in 17 countries, with 45 offices and 3000+ professionals worldwide, IPS provides technical consulting, architecture, engineering, project controls, construction management, and cGMP compliance services for technically complex development and manufacturing facilities globally.
At IPS, you’ll apply your knowledge, skills and passion to make a difference in the lives of people, solving complex challenges related to pharmaceutical, biotech, and animal health research and manufacturing facilities.
We are looking for an experienced and talented (Senior) Process Utilities Engineer to join our continuously growing Swiss operations headquartered in Basel with remote working flexibility.
- Interface and communicate effectively with stakeholders being involved such as project / design management, other discipline leads, Operations & Maintenance, Qualification and QA
- Design deliverables include: Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), Material and Energy Balances, utility requirements and Process P&IDs, that include controls strategy and CIP/SIP functions and P&IDs for critical utility systems.
- Ensure completion of quality specifications and performance data sheets for utility equipment and instrumentation.
- Partner with utility engineering staff in the DACH and EMEA regions
- Keep current on newest technologies and supporting IPS through technical trainings
- Degree educated in Engineering (Mechanical, Biotechnology, Bio-/Chemistry, Bioprocess or similar).
- Experience in design and installation of process utility technologies for the (Bio)pharmaceutical industry as WFI, Purified Water, Clean Steam, Process Waste and Process Gases.
- For the senior role, substantial and or project lead experience in process utility design of minimum 7 years is essential
- Experienced in planning and designing clean utility or black utility systems.
- Knowledgeable of applicable codes and cGMP’s as they apply for clean utilities.
- Experienced in working independently as a technical leader but as part of an integrated project team.
- Motivated and skilled in finding solutions for complex technical challenges.
- Fluent in English; and either/or French and German
- Willingness to travel and work at the customer site
- We foster a company culture characterized by team spirit, appreciation and respect.
- We champion professional and personal development, growth and diversity.
- We adhere to transparency, honesty and integrity.
- We are global leaders in innovation and technologies and “Best in Class” Experts.
- We encourage and support internal and external learning and development.
- "We promise only what we can deliver" - not more and not less!
- We offer a competitive package including a corporate pension scheme, flexitime and all essential devices to enable flexible/remote working
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at IPS without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. IPS is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.