Limula SA is a Life Science start-up based in Lausanne, Switzerland. Our company was established with the mission to help bring the most personalised cancer treatments to the patients in need, at reasonable cost, wherever they are. To achieve this goal, our multidisciplinary team provides a unique cell processing solution that enables the production of highly personalised therapies at scale, through automation.
We have the ambition to grow our team with a proactive approach to excellence and diversity, adding more passion and know-how with every individual we bring on board.
HEAD OF BIOLOGY (F/M, 80-100%)
LOCATION: LAUSANNE, SWITZERLAND
START DATE: 01 AUGUST 2023 OR LATER
You want to work in a fast-paced, mission-driven start-up environment? You have a passion for innovation, want to make a significant contribution to an ambitious project and be rewarded with opportunities? You are flexible and dedicated, ready to tackle challenges and broaden your skill set? This role is for you!
To support Limula in the development of the best possible solution for automated cell therapy manufacturing and further build internal capacity to validate our technology, we are currently looking for somebody to lead our biology team. The successful candidate will bring her/his passion for, and expert knowledge in, cell therapy and contribute to the development of a game-changing product. In this role, you will orchestrate all laboratory activities and take ownership of a wide range of tasks, working in a multidisciplinary team. This is an on-site, hands-on position reporting directly to the CEO.
Lead all laboratory activities and build a high-performing team.
Take ownership of biology aspects of existing and future R&D projects.
Take responsibility for biosafety officer role for the company (BSL2).
Design, supervise and execute product testing and validation experiments, interpret data.
Establish and implement innovative SOP, identify opportunities for process enhancements.
Ensure exhaustive and thorough documentation of the results.
Present results, provide training and technical support to internal or external stakeholders.
Identify improvement opportunities for our products.
Contribute to the identification of research partnerships and funding opportunities.
Contribute to the writing and revising technical documents including laboratory SOPs and reports,research proposals, scientific publications, and application notes.
- Doctoral degree in Life Sciences, bioengineering, immunology, cell biology or related fields.
- 3-5 years of experience, ideally within the Cell & Gene Therapy industry.
In-depth knowledge of cell therapy R&D, Process Development and/or Manufacturing.
- Practical knowledge of state-of-the-art technologies and reagents used in cell therapy production.
- Experience with Quality Assurance and GxP would be a plus.
- Sustained capacity to organise work, meet deadlines and hit milestones.
- Creative, pro-active, self-motivated, flexible personality, ready to assume a wide variety of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to build, motivate and lead a team in a rapidly evolving organization.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, solution-oriented mentality.
- Self-awareness, integrity, transparency, and authenticity.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Working proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Willing and able to work on-site in Lausanne, Switzerland. Occasional remote work possible.
- Company mission that aims to impact the lives of patients with life threatening conditions.
- Innovative and multidisciplinary project, at the interface between engineering and biology.
- Opportunity to work in the CGT industry, one of the most exciting fast growing medical fields.
- Fast-paced, highly stimulating environment with a collaborative atmosphere.
- Unique opportunity to join a company at an early stage, with avenues for career development.
- Competitive salary, with additional advantages and incentives including a fully-funded pension.
- Respectful and equal opportunity work environment, in a world-class location.
Limula strives to build a diverse team, and particularly encourages women and other groups underrepresented in the engineering field to apply.
Submit your resume and a motivation letter for this position, in a single pdf file by 1 August 2023. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis, so don’t delay, get in touch today!
To apply, or to request more information, please contact:
Dr. Luc Henry, CEO
Resumes submitted by recruiters or staffing agencies in advance of an executed agreement with Limula SA will be considered unsolicited and the company will not be responsible for any related fees.