The Swiss Biotech Association (“We”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and to developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience.
This policy (together with our terms of website use and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By using our website www.swissbiotech.org (“our site”) you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Swiss Biotech Association at Stauffacherstrasse 16, 8004 Zurich is both data controller and data processor. Enquiries relating to data protection in reference to our activities may be sent to us.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by completing forms on our site such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address, telephone number, job title, company name. This information may be provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our site;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may also collect information about your computer hardware and software including, where available, your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring web site addresses. This information is used by us for the operation of the site, to maintain the quality of the site and to provide general statistics regarding the use of our site.
Accuracy of personal data
We will take reasonable steps to create an accurate record of any personal data you have submitted. However, we do not assume responsibility for confirming the ongoing accuracy of your personal data. You can update your personal data by emailing us.
A cookie is a text file that is placed on your browser or the hard drive of your computer by a web page server. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the sites.
Where we store your data
Security of your information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
We will not sell, rent or lease your information to third parties. However, we may share your information with trusted third parties to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to us, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
We will not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
Use of your information
We may use information held about you in any of the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to determine which of our products and services are the most popular so as to deliver customized content and advertising;
- for our own legitimate interests or those of other organizations (such as our member organizations or partners), e.g. for market research, analysis and developing statistics (data will be anonymized where appropriate);
- to send you marketing communications.
You will have the option to unsubscribe via a link in all such messages or by contacting us.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of the Swiss Biotech Association management team and its board members.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if you agree to share them in the context of collaborations, working groups and networking events;
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Your rights under the applicable data protection law:
- The right to be informed about our processing of your personal data
- The right of access to your personal data and information about how we process it.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to have your personal data rectified (for example, if it’s inaccurate or incomplete).
- The right to erasure (the ‘right to be forgotten’).
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to block or suppress processing of personal data.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own
- purposes across different services.
- The right to object: You have the right to object to processing of your personal data.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
You can exercise your rights at any time by contacting us.
Zurich, June 2019